Demographics of Ponce de Leon Area

The demographics of the Ponce de Leon area have changed substantially after the opening Ponce City Market. The population has increased, the demographic of the population has changed, the average household income has increased, and the economy in general has increased. 

Between 2000 and 2015, the population of this area has increased over 28%, to a whopping 111,965 people within a three mile radius of Ponce de Leon Avenue. The population is equally split with 50.3% being made up of men,  leaving the remaining 49.7% of the population for women. In just 5 years, between 2010 and 2015, the population on the three mile radius increased by 4,654 people, which is about 4.34%. 

 

 

Along with the population increasing, the average household income has increased as well. Over the course of 15 years, between 2000 and 2015, the average household income has increased by 26%, and 10% of that increase happened within just 5 years. In 2011, the average household income was $54,905, by 2015 that number increased drastically to $84,772.

 

Sources:

“2752 Ponce de Leon Ave.” N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Apr. 2017.

Systems, Inc. Yardi. “3060 East Ponce De Leon Avenue.” COMMERCIALCafe. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Apr. 2017.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *